Training at marburg
Your successful introduction to working life
Marburg Wallpaper Factory is among the largest employers and training providers in Northern Hesse. For decades we have continuously trained young people at our site in Kirchhain, offering them an excellent point of entry into the professional world. The company employs 30 to 35 trainees at all times.
In spring 2007, marburg became one of the first companies in the region to be awarded the newly created certificate of the IHK Nordhessen. The document that was awarded states:
“This company ensures the development of young specialists through training. The need for qualified personnel will continue to grow in the future. This makes the targeted training of our junior staff very important. We are convinced: anyone who provides training is sure to see the benefits in the long term.”
marburg exports wallpaper to approximately 80 countries all over the world. The company’s management and organization, along with the performance of each individual have contributed to this success. Therefore we also expect that our trainees will be prepared to work, be independent and reliable with regard to their working habits, be able to work as part of a team, and be flexible. We consider punctuality, friendliness, consideration, and respect to be absolute prerequisites.
Does all of this apply to you? Are you highly motivated, and do you think and act in a goal-oriented way? Do you want to train at a successful company that offers career opportunities to many young people? Then you should apply to our company.
Our training program
We provide training for the following professions:Print media technologist (specialization in wallpaper printing) Training period: three years Requirements: very good certificate of secondary education Electrical engineer (specialization in industrial engineering) Training period: three and a half years Requirements: very good certificate of secondary education, good school-leaving qualification, good performance in mathematical and natural science subjects, technical comprehension Qualified IT specialist (specialization in system integration) Training period: three years Requirements: very good school-leaving qualification, higher education entrance qualification, general qualification for university entrance, good performance in mathematics and English, basic IT skills Industrial manager Training period: three years Requirements: very good school-leaving qualification, higher education entrance qualification, general qualification for university entrance, good performance in mathematics, German and English, proficiency using current office software Industrial mechanic Training period: three and a half years Requirements: very good certificate of secondary education, good school-leaving qualification, good performance in mathematics and physics, good spatial perception, technical comprehension, and manual dexterity Application procedure If you decide to apply, please send us your application documents in loose paper form (no application folders).
Contents should include:
- Cover letter (application letter) indicating the desired training profession and the reason for choosing this field.
- Complete resume in tabular form (no chronological gaps).
- Photocopies of your last three school certificates, credentials, and/or letters of referece; if you have a diploma from a secondary school, this should also be included
- Documentation of internships, seminars, courses, travel for language study, involvement in clubs, youth groups and charitable organizations.
- Additional documents that would make your application more informative are welcome.
The application documents should give us a good overall impression of you. They should be orderly, complete, and without errors. Let your friends or family members review your application before you send it. Selection process
- The applications we receive are first subjected to an internal screening process.
- You may be invited to a selection process in September or October. This selection process includes a test in the areas of general education, economics, dealing with tables and figures, spelling, vocabulary, and knowledge of English (only for industrial managers and qualified IT specialists) as well as a personal interview.
What to expect:
- A diversified education in a dynamic environment in all relevant specialized departments in our company with modern industrial machines, tools, computers, and the latest software. The printing trainees have the opportunity to learn about embossing and screen, gravure, and offset printing. Right from the beginning, electronics engineers and industrial mechanics are sent to a training workshop where they receive several weeks of intensive, comprehensive instruction in their profession.
- Experienced trainers with training qualifications (chamber of industry and commerce)
- In-house instruction with preparation for intermediate and final examinations.
- The opportunity to participate in or visit international trade fairs in the industry.
- Training sessions in the company’s own seminar area
- Flexible working hours, a 35-hour work week, and 30 days of vacation are part of what we have to offer as well as vacation pay, an annual bonus (Christmas bonus), and contributions to asset formation.
The professional schools are located in Kirchhain (for industrial managers, industrial mechanics, and electronics engineers), Gießen (for printers), and Marburg (for qualified IT specialists). Training begins on August 1. Applications for the following training year are accepted from July 1 to September 30. Marburger Tapetenfabrik J. B. Schaefer GmbH & Co. KG Human resources department Bertram-Schaefer-Strasse 11 35274 Kirchhain Germany Telephone: +49-6422-810
- Pupils in grades 8 and 9 may complete a one- to three-week industrial internship at marburg. We give you the opportunity to see firsthand how things work at a modern industrial company and to gain experience in the professional world. You will learn about business interactions by interacting with, observing and talking to others, which will give you a better understanding of economic realities and professional challenges.
- An industrial internship is not about determining suitability for a certain profession or gaining understanding of a skilled occupation; instead, the internship should give you a first “taste” – or an insight into the working world – which will make it easier for you to choose a profession. Anyone who applies should be interested in our products and our company. You can find extensive information about us on this home page.
- What can you expect? As an intern, you will pass through our specialized technical and commercial departments. These include sales/domestic sales, exports, accounting, purchasing, IT, production, technology, sample card production, and logistics. Depending on the length of the internship, you can learn about all of these operational areas or just some of them .
- How to apply: send us a short application in loose paper form (no application folders). We expect a short cover letter with a resume in tabular form and a copy of your most recent school diploma. Do not forget to include the telephone number for your landline or cell phone.
- If you are accepted: if your application for an internship is successful, you should send us the school’s official registration form and the corresponding information and data sheet as soon as possible. Please also give us the name of the teacher who is advising you. We will respond to you and your school a short time later.
- Note/tip: Be sure to apply for an internship in a timely manner since your school and your class are not the only place were industrial internships are being held. The Kirchhain site is surrounded by about ten schools whose pupils complete internships in the 8th and 9th grades. We receive many inquiries every year. We canntt respond to all of them, since 35 trainees are working at our company at the same time.
J. B. Schaefer GmbH & Co. KG
Human resources department
- Internships during a course of study
- Internships as part of technical secondary school.
- Other internships in production, technology, the studio, our administration, or other areas of the company for shorter or longer periods.
J. B. Schaefer GmbH & Co. KG
Human resources department